Saturday, December 13, 2014

Aloha! Always on Christmas - Jackie Marilla

A sweet perfect romance for the holidays!


Emma Sanchez doesn't want help from anyone, especially when she thinks the expectation is to trade her affection for a Christmas tree!  Rancher Hank Amaral gave his new neighbor the wrong impression when he tried to kiss her.  Will Emma learn to trust a guy who genuinely wants to help her and her daughter have a special Christmas? 


                    Jackie Marilla

Jackie Marilla writes contemporary romance from the Hawaiian Islands and beyond.  She and her husband live on a macadamia nut farm on the island of Hawai'i where they feed a clowder of cats and a flock of hodgepodge chickens.  In a past life, she was an elementary school teacher.

A Christmas Chat with Jackie...

1)      What is your favorite thing about Christmas?
I love to sit near my lighted Christmas tree with a cup of coffee in the quiet of morning.   I’ve been known to leave my tree up until almost Valentine’s Day!

2)      Do you have a special memory of the holidays you hold close to your heart?
My mom used to make several kinds of homemade candy for the holidays.  We kids helped her.  I remember operating the hand mixer while mom poured a hot sugar mixture into egg whites to make divinity.  She made three kinds—white was vanilla with black walnuts, pink was coconut, and green was peppermint.  I loved all three flavors. 

3)      What inspired you to write your Christmas Story?
I wanted to write a story that explored the theme of giving and receiving gracefully which lends itself nicely to Christmas.  I knew I wanted a main character who wanted to be independent, but needed to learn how to accept help from others in order to take care of her daughter.  I included a young child in my story and she serves as a catalyst for the theme.  And, because I often write stories based in Hawai’i, I wanted to include some traditions from one of our ethnic groups.  I chose to focus on a Portuguese family who have blended traditions from modern Hawai’i and old Portugal.

4)      For fun…If you could kiss anyone under the mistletoe…Who would it be?
If I’m pretending that I can kiss anyone I want, then I will also pretend I am twenty-something again.  In that scenario, I’d kiss Joe from my first book, Only on Valentine’s Day because he’s just such a gentleman.  


Join Jackie Dec 13th on Facebook at The Book Club 8-9 pm EST - She's been wrapping gifts to giveaway at her Author Takeover!
 https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheBookClub2014/?ref=br_tf 

Hop over to Jackie Marilla's blog on Dec 13th & WIN! Romance from the Hawaiian Islands & beyond... Enter to WIN a Kindle! $25 Gift Card! and comment your favorite Christmas carol and WIN a Jackie Marilla ebook!


Connect with Jackie Marilla...

Amazon Author Page:  bit.ly/amzn_marilla
Twitter Handle:  @JackieMarilla

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for featuring me on your blog, Angela. You are an angel.

    ReplyDelete